Sunday, March 8, 2015

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Mud or Stars?


credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars. ~ Violetta Perra

Have you ever noticed that sometimes the things we thought were awful and should never have happened to us were actually for our best. And if we had stopped whining and crying sooner we would have seen the good in the situation and saved ourselves a lot of misery. And Christians are promised that in all things God is working for our good. 

My mother used to quote this little saying to me when I looked at a situation negatively - 

"Two men stood at the selfsame bars,
One saw mud and the other saw stars."

There is no reason for me to allow myself to spend so much time bewailing my situation that I miss the wonderful work God is doing in and around me. 

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
1 Corinthians 15:57


LINKING HERE
SUNDAY - Sunday Features SATURDAY - TGI Saturdays

No comments:

Post a Comment