Monday, November 18, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily - Monday November 18, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY

I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
    I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. ~ Psalm 7:17


WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

We enjoyed a lot of fun games, stories, crafts and other activities today. I've been going to my sister's house some mornings to do our morning learning with them. It gives my kids a change of pace and other kids to work with and (hopefully) her a little bit of a break as well. Today was one of those days and we had a lot of fun. Then this afternoon at home we did some more work. 



Michael needed to make a turkey craft for Cub Scouts this evening so we I printed some turkey feather templates for all the kids to color. 


We played lots of games today. 


Cayson and Lauren doing kindergarten homework and Austin working on his math assignment. 


Storytime is one of my favorite parts of a day and we enjoyed quite a few books today.


This evening both Austin and Michael worked on Scout assignments before dinner. I love how serious Austin looks. He's trying to figure out how to put some of his pictures together to make a story to fill one of the requirements for an art merit badge. 

Here are some of the games and books we enjoyed today.

  

 

   FURRY, FEATHERED AND FOUR FOOTED FRIENDS

It's been a rough few weeks for our pets. Amanda's favorite pet rat died, three chickens were caught and killed by a neighbors dog and one of them was her favorite hen given to her by a friend, and then Sunday her cat died from cancer. It did me good to see her enjoying some time with her other cat who is a snuggler.



OUT AND ABOUT

After lunch Michael and I went over to the church so I could do some work in the prayer room. It's my job to make sure things are kept organized and up to date. The last few weeks I have really fallen behind there and one our pastors took over some of what I was supposed to be doing. So we went over some of the things he had been working on so I would be up to date and able to take from here. 

Monday evenings we have boy scouts. We usually all go except Amanda but Doug wasn't feeling very good tonight so he didn't go. He made it to the parking lot but was feeling so bad he decided to go back home and go to bed. I stayed with Michael for his pack meeting. He had a full meeting. He was part of a Thanksgiving Turkey skit, received recognition for achievements over the last month and for helping with the food drive, and got to vote for the the theme for the next Blue and Gold Banquet. 



ON MY MIND

It's been a long, busy, good day. At the moment I really don't have much on my mind besides getting some sleep. 

TODAY'S QUOTE

Don't think you're on the right road just because it's a well-beaten path. ~ Author Unknown

~ LINKING HERE ~
Tuesday - Titus 2sday

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear you are keeping up despite those days of chaos and weariness. So sorry to know you lost so many pets. It isn't easy whether it is planned or unplanned. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear things are starting to come around to some normal activities again. So sorry Amanda lost so many pets at once. Saying prayers for y'all everyday!

    ReplyDelete