Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bacon Cheese Baked Potatoes, Musings on Moses and SPCA Volunteer Time - The Walnut Acre Daily Tuesday August 13, 2013


WORDS TO LIVE BY

But I am like an olive tree
    flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
    for ever and ever.
For what You have done I will always praise you
    in the presence of Your faithful people.
And I will hope in Your name,
    for Your name is good.
~ Psalm 52:8-9

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

It was rainy this morning so we played inside. The kids wanted to play memory so we played three games. 

Jase and Christopher are both a little young for playing Memory so they hung in the living room with Austin. 


This afternoon Amanda and I went to the SPCA again so she could work with the animals.

Here are Rosie and Bailey again. They expect her to give them some attention every week. 



And this is Short Stack, a sweet dog although a little shy. 


IN THE KITCHEN

Stuffed Baked Potatoes



I cooked these potatoes, then scooped out the insides and mixed the potatoes with chive and onion cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked crumbled bacon, margarine, salt and pepper. I didn't use exact measurements but they turned out really, really good. We had these for dinner and I also put one in Doug's lunch for tomorrow. 

OTHER




ON MY MIND

I was listening to Exodus on BibleGateway while waiting for Michael to go to sleep and was hit by a thought. As I was listening to the story of Moses I realized that there were long stretches of time in his life that are not spoken of. There was the span of time from his adoption by the Egyptian princess to the time he was a young man and stopped the taskmaster who was beating an Isrealite. Then there was another long span of time between the time he fled Egypt and the time he was called by God from the burning bush. So, what was he doing all that time? The Bible doesn't tell us. I wonder if he ever wondered, as day followed day, if there was a purpose in his life. I wonder if Moses ever thought he was just another person, living out his days, having lost all his dreams. I wonder if just when he thought there was really no hope at all he looked up and saw a burning bush and realized that his life was really just beginning. 


TODAY'S QUOTE

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~ Rudyard Kipling

~ Liking Here ~
Monday - CraftOManiac Monday Link Up Wednesday - Cast Party Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesdays, Adorned From Above, Homemaking Link-Up, Fluster's Creative Muster, Encourage One Another Thursday - It's a Party, The HomeAcre Hop, Saturday - Your Great Idea

1 comment:

  1. Bacon and potatoes - great combination! Thank you for sharing your recipes on Fluster's Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you continue to join our party every Tuesday evening.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete