Friday, May 4, 2012

The Walnut Acre Daily - Friday May 4, 2012

Walking With the King
If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.
~ Romans 12:20
More here.


We are Learning
Michael finished the section for writing practice in his workbook yesterday and today he finished the section about rhyming. He also did the only two pages in the workbook dealing with syllables.


Austin, Amanda and I were interested to hear about the hunt that is on for meteorite fragments in California. Apparently a meteor that disintegrated in the air has left pieces that are very valuable due to their scientific importance. These pieces fell very near where the Gold Rush started 1848. Now there is a rush on to find another valuable substance that some are calling black gold. 

Homemaking Joys
Austin worked on wiping out and reorganizing our cup and plate cabinet today and did a wonderful job.




In the Kitchen


Today was Austin's day to make lunch and he chose to fix smoked sausages, french fries and green beans. 


Since I didn't have to make lunch I used my cooking time to make some Homemade Granola instead. Michael was my helper.




CJ made us a delicious dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and garlic cheese bread. Here he is spreading the butter on the bread for garlic cheese bread. 


In the Garden
Here's a nice big bunch of radishes I picked from the garden this afternoon. I washed them at the outside spigot and laid them here to dry a little before I took them inside. The radishes were wonderful. I washed the tops and saved them to cook tomorrow with sausage and potatoes. 



On Our Nature Walk
We are loving our daily nature walks and seeing how things are growing and changing every day.

These beautiful flowers make me smile every time I see them. And they smell wonderful!



Lauren said this fallen branch was her horse.


Here Lauren and Michael are at their favorite "fishing hole." They've caught "whoppers" here many times and I'm told they even caught an octopus here.



Our walk is nearly over and the kids are running home to play in the yard for a few minutes before Lauren's naptime and Michael's schoolwork time.


Out and About
My out and about today has consisted of taking Lauren to and from preschool and taking a friend of mine to work. Later tonight I'll be picking her up from work and then taking several of the older kids to Wal-mart. Austin wants to pick up some things before he leaves for a week of vacation with some of my family.




Other Notes and News
It's always interesting to see what I find on my phone camera after Michael plays with it.




This one is looking up at the ceiling fan that is on. 






Daily Deals









  Prilosec OTC® provides all-day, all-night protection against frequent heartburn. That's zero heartburn for 24 hours with just one pill a day.*
With Prilosec OTC®, you won't get frequent heartburn in the first place. One pill a day. 24 hours. Zero heartburn.*
With just one Prilosec OTC® pill a day, you can block frequent heartburn before it begins for a full 24 hours with zero heartburn. So you can get through the day - and rest at night - without the worry of heartburn flare-ups on your mind.*






1 comment:

  1. I've never thought to cook radish greens. They do sound like they would be great cooked with sausage and patatoes!

    ReplyDelete