Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Saturday March 3, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . 37 degrees and breezy.

I am thinking . . . of Doug tonight as he's putting in his monthly volunteer time at the Rescue Squad. It's a 12 hour shift and although there are places there for the volunteers to sleep he always has a hard time sleeping between calls. Besides his monthly 12 hour shift he also runs calls as needed if there are calls back to back and more volunteers are needed.

I am thankful . . . that there are people willing to put in the time to get the training needed to be available to help others in times of crisis.

In the kitchen . . . Often on Saturdays we have a late breakfast and early dinner, skipping lunch. Saturday is our shopping day and the kids always want to use a little of their money for snacks so they aren't lacking for food between those two meals. For dinner Doug grilled Black Angus Burgers for us.




This evening CJ, Michael and I baked Peppermint Sugar Cookies. These were from a roll of cookie dough that CJ bought last week and we finally got around to baking.




I am going . . . We did our grocery shopping today as well as running a few other errands - post office, bank, etc.

I am wondering . . . if Doug will have to run many calls tonight or if it will be a quiet night.

I am hoping . . . that the Ibuprofen I gave Michael before he went to bed keeps his ear from hurting so he can sleep well tonight. It was bothering him alot earlier this evening. Just two more weeks and he'll have those tubes in his ears.

I am looking forward to . . . Daylight Savings Time beginning next Sunday. I like the idea of daylight later in the evenings.

I am learning . . . that apparently Amanda's cat will eat just about anything. Amanda just caught her trying to get to the Peppermint Sugar Cookies!

Around the house . . . the dog is barking at every little sound outside. Austin is using his new walkie-talkie he bought today to talk to his cousins who live just down the road a little way.

I am pondering . . . Jeremiah 29:11

A favorite quote for today . . . A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. ~ Harry Truman

A peek into my day . . . Amanda playing tug of war with our dog, Roni, with the new toy she bought for her today.








No comments:

Post a Comment