Friday, March 9, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday March 9, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . cooler and breezy today although we still spent quite a bit of time outside. I picked up more walnuts from the yard and Doug tilled up some ground for our garden.

I am thankful . . . that it's Friday.

In the kitchen . . . CJ fixed spaghetti and meatballs, salad and cheesy bread for dinner this evening. It was delicious!

I am creating . . . I am so close to being finished with the braided rug for the living room. I can hardly wait to see it on our floor every day.

I am going . . . This morning we ran some errands - bank, grocery store, dollar store and pharmacy - as well as taking Lauren to and from preschool. The rest of the day I was at home.

I am wondering . . . where this year will take us.

I am reading . . . I finished When Bad Christians Happen to Good People: Where We Have Failed Each Other and How to Reverse the Damage by Dave Burchett yesterday. It was such a good book. Dave Burchett has a great style of writing. Often I laughed out loud while reading the book and yet the seriousness of the subject is not diminished and the points were well written and relevant to everyone.

I am hoping . . . for a quiet weekend.

I am looking forward to . . . going to bed.

Around the house . . . The house is a bit of a mess tonight and I'm not finding the energy or motivation to worry about it. Tomorrow is another day and I'll deal with it after I've had some sleep.

I am pondering . . . Purpose

A favorite quote for today . . . Someday is not a day of the week. ~ Author Unknown

One of my favorite things . . . listening to NPR programs on the radio.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . grocery shopping tomorrow.

A peek into my day . . . Doug was trying to catch a little nap and two boys decided to join him. I don't think anyone got a nap though.



1 comment:

  1. I hope he actually got a nap...those silly kids sure know how to ruin a good nap, don't they? :-)

    ReplyDelete