Monday, June 27, 2011

Weaving

I have piles and piles of fabric that have been sitting in storage. I've never wanted to give it away because I just know I'll do something with it . . . eventually.


A few days ago I noticed this baby gate sitting in the garage. The way this house is set up we really haven't needed it but it's a good gate so we just stored it.


So I took the gate, and cut some fabric into strips approximately an inch wide and tied them to one end of the gate. Then I let them have fun weaving the fabric strips through the holes.



Simple and free. My favorite kind of fun.

~ Linking Here ~

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I have some fabric I'm hanging on to "just because" like this, AND a baby gate that we aren't using! Now I know what to do with them!

    Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am definately gonna have to post on how to make the world's easiest loom now--you did this post, and my pen pal wrote that she would like to learn how to weave--somethin's in the air!

    Great idea for an old baby gate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I love giant weaving projects! So good for gross motor skills and fun too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool and I think it would help my son with his fine motor skills. I love inexpensive fun too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! An idea for our fabric stash! Thanks so much for linking up to It's Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something is definitely in the air with weaving! :) Weaving is so relaxing. I use to use weaving as a relaxation exercise in my classes - the kids were always so focused.

    Thanks for sharing with our Outdoor Play link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - and you could get some great garden art out of it, too!

    Thanks for linking up to Outdoor Play again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever! I can't wait to try it with my boys. Thanks for sharing the great idea. I shared it on the Montessori MOMents fb page here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Montessori-MOMents/186597394722411

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful summer crafting idea! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete